We are a boutique business law-firm located in Vienna with a strong international orientation. Our clients are international corporations, Austrian companies as well as public corporations and private individuals whom we advise and represent in all key fields of commercial and employment law.
In a first step, we aim to properly understand you and your business. Then we accept the challenge of finding flexible and tailor-made solutions for you. Quick and straightforward, in relation to all legal questions of business life. In case of international transactions and legal questions with international relevance, we have access to a worldwide network of trusted law-firms.
Due to the lean organization of our firm, we can guarantee our clients direct support from lawyers at partner level, short reaction times, and legal excellence as a matter of course. Our clients particularly value this fact, together with our experience and flexibility.
One of the core competencies, and also our main field of activity, is advising in all fields related to corporate law, including the planning and execution of reorganizations as well as the sale and acquisition of companies. Our successful team and our firm’s long experience in these matters ensures a particularly comprehensive advice to the benefit of our clients.
We pay close attention and consideration to the strong connection between corporate law and other legal areas – such as tax, employment or antitrust law – which are duly considered in our legal advice.
Our main areas of activity in corporate law:
• Due diligence reports and investigations
• Preparation of pre-binding documents (Letters of Intent, non-binding offers)
• M&A transactions, preparation and review of share or asset purchase agreements, contract negotiations
• Re-organizations, mergers, (cross-border) business contributions
• Capital reductions, capital increases
• Ongoing corporate law advice for companies, for instance on the position and duties of managing directors, on questions of the supervisory board, liability issues for management
• Incorporation of companies, consulting of start-up companies
• Representation and advice in all commercial register proceedings
• Organization of Supervisory Boards and Advisory Councils and related corporate law questions
• Corporate law questions in relation to financial statements (filing, amendment, additional after-the-fact dividend distributions)
Relevant questions in the business life of our clients revolve around issues of modes of distribution and the legal structure of the distribution framework conditions.
We gladly offer our experience and advise you in relation to the following areas:
• Agent, dealer, franchise and other distribution agreements
• Leasing and financing contracts
• General Terms and Conditions of Service
• Consumer protection law
We focus on pre-conflict advice and advanced planning in all employment law matters. We also represent in court disputes, only if it is unavoidable, but then with a high rate of success.
• Advising HR management on all legal issues of “day-to-day” employment law, such as drafting and reviewing of employment contracts, schemes of variable compensation, advice prior to terminations and dismissals
• Employment law advice in connection with company acquisitions, restructuring and other forms of transfer of undertakings
• Company pensions
• Design and review of agreements with works councils, e.g. flexible working time
• Optimization of the applicable collective agreements
• Preparation, examination and negotiation of contracts for managing directors and members of the board
• Representation before the Labor and Social Court
• Occupational health and safety issues
We advise on the development and implementation of real estate projects and assist in the negotiation and design as well as execution of real estate related transactions such as real estate purchases, rental and leasing contracts, and pledge or guarantee agreements.
• Real estate transactions (purchase, donation, transfers of property)
• Structuring and financing aspects
• Brokerage law
• Mortgage collateralization of financing
• Buildings on third party land and construction law
• Easements and land charges
• Land Register procedures
• Construction law
• Rental and lease agreements
• Hotel management contracts
• Operator models and in rem securities
In selected areas of other public business law we can offer specific know-how:
• Data protection
• Trade law
• Compliance and compliance training
• Industry-specific regulatory law: pharmaceuticals, medical devices, banking
In matters of intellectual property law, in particular in trademark law, we can draw on a great deal of experience, which has developed through the worldwide legal support of well-known brands.
• National and international trademark and design applications
• European Community trademarks and designs
• Creation and evaluation of license agreements
• Disputes arising from intellectual property claims
• Assessment of the eligibility for protection
• Brand monitoring
• Advice on questions of unfair competition and advertising issues